ALISE Diversity Travel Award to the ALISE Annual Conference
This conference travel grant aims to increase diversity in LIS education/research, and was awarded for the first time at the 2015 ALISE Annual Conference. It provides the opportunity to an individual who wishes to address issues of diversity through doctoral study or teaching as adjuncts to gain exposure to and network with LIS educators, scholars and doctoral students. The award continues ALISE’s commitment to diversity, following its adoption of the ALISE Diversity Statement at the 2013 ALISE Conference.
This award is complementary to the ALA Spectrum Travel Award to the ALISE Conference, which is an award created by the American Library Association, and for which ALISE is a co-sponsor. The ALA award has the same aims and is open to Spectrum alumni whose experiences, research interests and professional goals align with ALISE's diversity principles.
The ALISE Diversity Travel Award recipient will receive:
The award recipient’s school or organization is asked to help with travel costs.
Awardee Commitment Guidelines:
1. Assisting and attending the Multicultural, Ethnic, and Humanistic Concerns SIG program and meeting.
2. Commits to an additional 5 hours of ALISE activities which may include: Assisting with conference registration (as schedules permit); Assisting with major sessions; assist with business meeting, attend a board meeting, etc.
3. Is highly encouraged to participate in the ALISE Work In-Progress Poster Session.
4. Engages with an assigned conference buddy during the conference.
5. Writes a 750-word article about their conference experiences for use by ALISE