University of Tsukuba (JAPAN)
Job Title: Tenure-track Assistant Professor
The University of Tsukuba is one of the top-ranking national research universities in Japan. Our Faculty is a core member of the iSchool in Asia Pacific Consortium, and is involved in a wide range of research activities on a global scale. (http://www.slis.tsukuba.ac.jp/grad/english/index-e.html) The Faculty seeks applicants who are capable of conducting research and teaching in professional development with expertise in one or more of the following areas: Management of library information systems; Systems and methods for information resources; Open access publishing and interactions and communications with society; Training and programs for professional development in the new information environment; Identification of the new skills and knowledge required for library and information professionals; and Development/design of policies and curriculum in library and information education. The anticipated start date is September 1, 2013.
Required Qualifications: Applicants should meet the following criteria:
(1) International applicant is strongly suggested.
(2) Should hold a doctorate degree in a related field, by the time of appointment.
(3) Demonstrate experience and capability in conducting research in the related field.
(4) Demonstrate capability to teach and to publish academic literature in English.
(5) Demonstrate devotion and capability to teach, to conduct research, and to carry out different administrative duties at the University
How to Apply: Application via Postal Mail – applicants should submit their application packages by May 31, 2013 to Prof. Makoto MATSUMOTO, Provost, Faculty of Library and Information Media Science. We also accept Electronic Applications, and they can be sent directly to Prof. Yuji HIRAKUE via email．