Université de Montréal
Job Title: Full-time tenure-track position: Professor in Preservation of Digital Information
The School of Library and Information Science invites applications for a full-time tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor position specialising in Preservation of Digital Information.
The successful candidates will be expected to teach at all three levels of the curriculum, supervise graduate students, engage in ongoing research and publication, and contribute to the academic life and reputation of the University.
• PhD in Information Science or in a discipline relevant to the job profile.
• Ability to develop a rigorous and original research program.
• Teaching experience.
• Demonstrated expertise in one or several of the following areas:
- Preservation of audiovisual and multimedia documents.
- Ethical, legal and normative aspects of the preservation of digital information.
- Preservation of digital heritage.
• Professional experience will be considered an asset.
• Proficiency in the French language.
The Université de Montréal is a Québec university with an international reputation. French is the language of instruction. To renew its teaching faculty, the University is intensively recruiting the world’s best specialists. In accordance with the institution’s language policy [http://secretariatgeneral.umontreal.ca/fileadmin/user_upload/secretariat/doc_officiels/reglements/administration/adm10-34_politique-linguistique.pdf], the Université de Montréal provides support for newly-recruited faculty to attain proficiency in French.
Anticipated Start Date
June 1, 2013.
In compliance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority shall be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Salary range: The Université de Montréal offers a competitive salary and a complete range of employee benefits.