Return to Job Placement
The University of Southern Mississippi
Job Title: Assistant Professor (2 positions)
Contact Name: Teresa Welsh, Ph.D.
School/Program: School of Library and Information Science
Institution: The University of Southern Mississippi
Address: 118 College Dr. # 5146
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The School of Library and Information Science at The University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, has two tenure-track assistant professors positions available. Minimum qualifications to be considered for either of these positions are as follows:
- Completed doctorate in library and information science or closely allied discipline
- Master's degree in library and information science with work experience in a library or repository setting
- Skill with current information and communications technology
- Demonstrated potential as a researcher and instructor
- Candidates will have a research agenda, expertise and ability to teach in one or more of the traditional library science core, including but not limited to the following: school libraries, services to youth, technical services, collection development, organization and retrieval, archival studies, database design and management, information transfer, information literacy and instructional design.
- Candidates will be knowledgeable about services to multicultural populations and interdisciplinary approaches to information problems.
Preference will be given to those candidates with a year or more of experience in libraries, archives or cultural repositories.
Faculty in the School of Library and Information Science teach at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, participate in the development and delivery of synchronous courses via Internet, must be proactive in grant writing and seeking external funding, be contributing members of the library and information science community locally and nationally, and serve on faculty and university committees. On-campus office hours and committee attendance is required.
Submit your application online via the www.usm.edu/hr
Job reference code: 0002373