Return to Job Placement
Barr Engineering Co.
Records and Library Services Manager
The person in this position will provide leadership for all records management functions for the company across all locations , including management of a growing library staff (currently five) and support in implementing the practices outlined in Barr’s records management manual. The position requires leading continuous improvement efforts in records management on a company-wide basis in a highly collaborative organization where the primary work is delivered through dynamic project-based teams.
- Work with groups of stakeholders to:
- identify business needs.
- recommend new or revised records management practices with input from stakeholders, including project teams, company leadership, and administrative groups.
- coordinate the implementation of new practices, systems, and processes that meet the business needs identified.
- continually raise company-wide awareness of records management best practices.
- Manage all library support services, including research, relationships with outside academic libraries, copyright compliance, and information management.
- Set and manage budgets, coach and supervise library staff, participate in business planning.
- Direct work experience in a similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree in a library or records management related field, or comparable work experience along with a related degree.
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to balance strong attention to detail with a big-picture view of business processes.
- Demonstrated success in driving continuous improvements to cross-functional processes by building consensus among diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated commitment to staying current with industry practices and the ability to translate best practices to Barr’s business needs.
- Strong understanding of available technologies and tools to support business needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally to other Barr offices in the US and Canada.
- Acceptable driving record in accordance with Barr’s policy.
- Advanced degree or recognized certifications in library science, records management, or related field.
- Familiarity with knowledge-sharing systems and concepts.
- Relevant experience in a professional services firm.
Barr Engineering Co. reserves the right to consider other legitimate, non-discriminatory factors, that are not specifically listed.
We require proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Barr is an EEO/AA firm.