ALISE invites anyone who has an interest in the objectives of the Association to become a personal member. Membership processing for 2014 is currently open.
ALISE Membership Brochure
Full-time: Full-time faculty member, administrator, librarian, researcher or other interested individual, $130.00
New Professional: For doctoral student transition to faculty member status (maximum of 3 years), $75.00
Part-Time/Retired: Part-time and retired faculty members, student or other, $75.00
Student: Doctoral Students (maximum of 6 years), $60.00
Dues are paid on a calendar year basis. Membership is from January 1st through December 31st. Dues are collected starting in September of the preceding year through August.
- Subscription to the quarterly Journal of Education for Library and Information Science (non-member subscription is $170 per year domestic, $195 per year international).
- Members only access on ALISE.org. Your membership includes admittance to the secure, searchable online membership directory, the ability to renew and pay online, and access to other members-only documents.
- Reduced registration rates for the ALISE Annual Conference.
- Eligibility for the Research Awards Program.
- Eligibility for ALISE Awards for Teaching Excellence, Professional Contribution, Service, and Faculty Innovation.
- Opportunities for committee and Board of Directors service.
- Participation in our Special Interest Groups.
- Formal and informal placement services at ALISE conferences, including resume dissemination, interviews, and networking to meet the people with positions available.
- Have your interests and concerns represented nationally through our affiliation with American Library Association, American Society for Information Science, Medical Library Association, and Special Libraries Association, among others, and as an association member of the International Federation of Library Associations.
Last updated: October 28, 2013